Duck, Plum & Watercress Noodles
This recipe combines succulent duck breast with a sweet plum sauce and peppery watercress to create a delicious duck noodle dish.
Serving two people and ready in 35 minutes, this simple dish takes little preparation to make. Plus, it’s easily adaptable if you’re looking to create enough for a family, replacing your usual takeaway noodle dish!
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (fan oven).
- Slice the spring onions and red chilli. Finely chop the coriander.
- Score the skin on the duck breasts and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Heat a frying pan on the hob over a medium to high heat without oil. Place the breast skin side down in the hot frying pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the skin turns golden brown, turn over and seal the meat for 1 minute. Pour off excess fat regularly.
- Then place the duck breasts skin side up on a baking tray in the middle of the pre-heated oven for 12 minutes (medium) or 15 minutes (well done).
- Segment the red plums into sixths or eighths, and add to the duck for the final 5 minutes of the cook. Once done, rest for a few minutes.
- Cook the noodles according to instructions, then divide between the two plates and add the watercress.
- Slice the duck breast and place on top. Drizzle the plum sauce over the top and add the plums.
- Finish with the slices of spring onion, red chilli and chopped coriander.