Halloumi & Grains with Beetroot and Pomegranate
This quick and simple halloumi dish only takes 20 minutes and is perfect for when you’re looking to cook a lighter meal for two.
Vibrant beetroot with pops of pomegranate help to give this dish a sweet twist against the saltiness of the halloumi. Ideal for easy lunches throughout the week!
- Slice the red onion. Cut the steamed beetroot into quarters. Slice the halloumi.
- Put 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a pan and then add the sliced red onion. Cook on a low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the quartered beetroot to the pan with the onion, and warm through for a minute.
- Add 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes to reduce down. Once reduced, set aside.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan to medium-high heat. Brush the sliced halloumi with oil on each side, and then add to the pan.
- Cook the bulgur wheat and lentils mix according to instructions. Once cooked, add to a bowl and gently mix through the pea shoots with 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Divide the bulgur wheat and lentils between two plates and add the halloumi slices. Top with the beetroot, red onion and pomegranate seeds.