Chipotle Chicken & Grains with Peruvian Mint and Lime Crema
This chipotle chicken dish is perfect for when you want to add a little spice into your week!
Using chicken thighs gives you a hit of richness and flavour. Followed by the Mexican chipotle marinade you get smokiness, a little bit of sweetness and then the kick of heat. Not forgetting the Peruvian mint and lime crema that add a little zing to the dish.
It really is a dish that hits all senses! This dish takes 50 minutes to prepare and cook, serving two people.
- Take a heaped 1 tbsp of chipotle paste and brush onto the four chicken thighs. Allow to marinade for a minimum of 15 minutes to let the flavour develop.
- Cook in oven according to packaging instructions.
- Slice the tomatoes into halves and cut the spring onion into thin pieces. Finely chop the mint.
- Making the lime crema: Add the zest of one lime, and the juice of half a lime to 100ml of soured cream. Add a pinch of salt and whisk until smooth, then set aside.
- Remove chicken from oven and leave to rest for a few minutes. While the chicken is resting, cook the rice and quinoa mix according to the instructions.
- Place the rice and quinoa mixture into a bowl and stir the rocket through the warm grains. Divide between two plates.
- Top with the halved tomatoes and sliced spring onions.
- Slice and add the chicken on top.
- Drizzle the lime crema over the dish, or serve to the side if preferred.
- Finish with the chopped mint and season to taste.