Cheese, Chorizo and Rocket Quesadillas
Our quick and simple Quesadilla (pronounced: kay-su-dee-uh) recipe is ready in 10 minutes and serves four people – making it the ideal choice for feeding hungry mouths in record time!
These tempting tortilla triangles make a delicious lunch for even the pickiest of eaters. Alternatively, you can team with side dishes such as potato wedges or rice for an evening meal on those days where time just escapes you.
Full of contrasting flavours, peppery rocket adds a nutritious edge to zingy chorizo and cheese layers. If your family isn’t a fan of spice, you can swap out the jalapeños for fresh tomatoes! Whatever your preference, this recipe is perfectly adaptable to suit your needs.
In fact, preparation is so simple that even the smallest of chefs can get in involved to build their own Quesadilla masterpiece!
- Lay out your tortilla’s and spread a table spoon of your tomato puree across each one.
- Place around 3 slices of chorizo evenly on top of your tomatoey layer
- Sprinkle your finely chopped onions over the top of the chorizo.
- Slice your red jalapeños (or cherry tomatoes) thinly and add a layer on top of your onions to suit your tastes.
- Add a generous handful of your creamy cheddar and moreish mozzarella cheeses.
- Top all your layers with rocket.
- Fold over your tortilla with all the delicious ingredients inside, ready to fry!
- Heat a small drop of oil in a frying pan.
- Carefully pop in your folded tortilla wrap.
- Fry for approximately one minute on one side.
- Flip your tortilla over.
- Continue to fry until cheese is melted and the inside is heated through.